OnTrac & the Environment
OnTrac Environmental Policy Statement
OnTrac understands that the future of our business is tied to the well-being of the planet and our local communities. We concentrate on resource conservation, and consider the impact that our operations and facilities have on the environment. We continue to seek out new ways to reduce our footprint and to be an example within our industry.
OnTrac complies with all current and applicable government and regulatory agency requirements, and we actively work towards exceeding such requirements amongst our peers. Our continuing efforts include:
- Participation in the EPA SmartWay® Transportation Partnership and the voluntary measurement of our environmental performance.
- Waste reduction through recycling, new processes, and pollution prevention.
- Seeking opportunities to purchase recycled and recyclable products.
- Implementation of new technologies to reduce atmospheric emissions and noise pollution.
- Energy conservation through facility design, operational procedures and equipment retrofits.
- Seeking opportunities to be part of the development of environmental policy within the transportation industry.
- Maintaining emergency preparedness to reduce potential impacts on the environment from day-to-day transportation operations.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Line-haul network optimization to reduce the amount of miles driven.
- Reduction of waste from damaged packages through the development of packaging guidelines, packaging recommendations, and ongoing improvements to package handling.
- Building awareness of our environmental efforts to employees, contractors, vendors, and the public.
- An ongoing commitment to improve our environmental management processes.
OnTrac is a SmartWay® Transport Partner
OnTrac is proud to be a part of the SmartWay® Transport Partnership, an innovative collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). SmartWay is a voluntary program developed by the EPA for improving fuel efficiency and reducing greenhouse gasses. Since 2004, actions taken by SmartWay Transport Partners have saved over 120 million barrels of oil, the equivalent of taking 10 million cars off the road for an entire year!
This partnership gives us insight into the industry and provides a framework to assess the environmental and energy efficiency of goods moving through our network.